Oakes Building- First County Courthouse

The First County Courthouse, an 18th century vernacular building of the late 1700’s, is being restored into its original form while continuing to serve its current function as a mixed-use building holding commercial retail on the first floor and residential units on the second floor. The building’s structure is comprised of a post and beam timber frame of which will now be exposed where possible within the residential units to add historic flair. Throughout its existence, the building has undergone several renovations and has been moved to various locations throughout the area. Allegrone has proposed a design that holds true to its original style, while carefully blending it’s additions into its original architecture. Now, it sits at 27 Housatonic Street in Lenox, MA where it will hold a new site for the town’s historic district.